In connection with the end of the state of emergency, we hereby briefly inform you about the current rules for cross-border travel that have been in effect as of midnight today.
For border crossings, the following rules still apply:
- foreigners, who had no temporary stay of more than 90 days or no permanent residence in the Czech Republic on March 12th, 2020, may only enter the Czech Republic in justified cases;
- immediately upon arrival in the Czech Republic, the competent regional health authority has to be notified or a negative SARS-CoV-2 test, that is not older than 4 days, has to be produced;
- in the event that persons entering the Czech Republic fail to produce a negative test for SARS CoV-2 within 72 hours of entry, the competent regional health authority will order quarantine measures for these persons;
- in the event of a positive test for SARS CoV-2, the isolation of such persons is ordered;
- in case of persons whose entry is considered necessary, entry may exceptionally be permitted without submission of a negative test, however the necessity has to be confirmed by the competent minister.
Crossing the border is still only possible at certain designated border crossings.
Furthermore, the government approved the terms of the COVID-III loan guarantee program today, with the agreement between the Ministry of Industry and Trade and the the Czech-Moravian Guarantee and Development Bank (ČMZRB) expected to be signed this night, and therefore it is expected that applications for loans with guarantees from the ČMZRB may be filed in the upcoming days already.