Areas of specialisation
- Managerial sociology and psychology
- Intercultural management
- Organisational development
- Visiting professor at the University of Regensburg
- Member of the Česká hlava club
- Member of the editorial board of the JEEMS magazine (Rainer Hampp Verlag)
- Born in 1956 in Prague
- 1979 University of Economics, Faculty of Economics – awarded the Master’s degree
- 1998 University of Economics, Corporate Economy – awarded the academic rank of Professor
- 1992 – 2014 Head of the Department of Managerial Psychology and Sociology of the University of Economics
- 1994 – 2000, 2006-2014 Vice-Dean for Science, Research and Doctoral Studies at FBA at the University of Economics
- 2014 – present Dean of the Faculty of Business Administration at the University of Economics
- 2018 UEPA, Of-Counsel
Professor Nový has long served as the head of the Department of Managerial Psychology and Sociology of the Faculty of Business Administration at the University of Economics, Prague. He focuses mainly on the corporate culture in Czech and international companies, intercultural management, managerial psychology and sociology, company management development, organisational development, and human resources management. He has written and co-authored many textbooks and monographs on the above topics published in Czech and German. Ivan Nový co-operates in the long term with Czech companies having their parent in German-speaking countries. He became the Dean of the Faculty of Business Administration of University of Economics in 2014.
Professor Nový focuses on intercultural communication and co-operation, especially in German-speaking countries. He provides consultancy in organisational development, socio-psychological and intercultural challenges of management, and the development of human resources management.