Areas of specialisation
- Complete care of foreign investors in the Czech Republic
- Corporate law
- Labour law
- Litigation, arbitration
- Bankruptcy law
Publications and lectures
- Regular contributions of legal publications in various chamber magazines and similar publications.
- Contributor at numerous domestic and foreign industrial and trade chambers, conferences, etc.
Memberships and functions
- Czech Bar
- Austrian Bar, Vienna
- German Bar, Bamberg
- Member of the EUREGIO Egrensis for the cross-border cooperation in border regions of the Czech Republic and Germany
- Expert of the World Bank for Czech bankruptcy law for the project Doing Business
- Born 1967 in Wunsiedel in Bavaria (Germany)
- Officer studies at German Air Force Academy 1986 – 1988
- Law studies at the university in Bayreuth (Germany) 1988 – 1992
- Trainee lawyer 1993 – 1995
- 1997 admission to the bar in Bamberg (Germany)
- 1997 Czech bar admission
- 2003 bar admission in Austria
- 1995-2009 attorney and partner at DLA Piper Weiss-Tessbach, Prague;
- 2000 – 2008 Managing Partner at DLA Piper Weiss-Tessbach, Prague
- 2009-2012 attorney at Ueltzhöffer Balada, advokátní kancelář
- Since January 2013 Senior Counsel at UEPA
Jörg Nürnberger is a Senior Counsel with UEPA. He was managing partner of the Prague office of DLA Piper (formerly DLA Weiss Tessbach) for more than 15 years. Jörg has many years of experience in international M&A deals and finance transactions in the region. He has acted on behalf of international clients in the acquisition of existing local or international businesses in the Czech Republic and the establishment of new businesses. Jörg advises clients from many sectors and industries in transactions as well as in day-to-day business and also regularly has active roles in Arbitration proceedings, both as an arbitrator and as a party representative.
He is admitted to the German, Austrian and Czech Bars.
Jörg is a German native speaker and fluent in English and Czech.