Below is a summary of the key stimulus incentives adopted by the government on 14 October 2020. Based on the currently available information, these incentives only relate to such entities, whose operations were immediately disturbed and directly affected by the governmental regulations requiring certain businesses to close (hotels, restaurants, bars, gyms, etc.)
- Exemption mechanisms of the Ministry Of Finance:
- postponement of VAT payments,
- postponement of income tax payments, and
- postponement of road tax payments
due to be paid during the national state of emergency (from 5 October 2020). A notice to the ministry is required in order to rely on the schemes.
- COVID Rent: Based on the current information, a subsidy of up to 50% of the rent will be made available for the third quarter of 2020. There should no longer be any pre-requisite for a rent discount from the landlord.
- Extension of the Antivirus A programme from 1 October 2020 until 31 December 2020. Businesses required to close their operations will be entitled to claim compensation of up to 100% of the salary replacement paid to employees (instead of 80%), up to a maximum of 50 000 CZK.
We will inform you of further requirements as they become available.
We remain at your assistance in the case of any queries. Please do not hesitate to contact us.