Areas of specialisation
- Complete care of foreign investors in the Czech Republic
- Corporate law
- Arbitration, ADR
- Property law
- Mediation, advice on shareholder conflicts or in the event of conflicts with company executives
Publications and lecturing activities
- Lecturer at the University of Economics, Prague (VŠE)
- Regular contributions of legal articles in various chamber magazines, trade journals and similar publications
- Contributor to numerous domestic and foreign industrial and trade chambers, conferences, etc.
Memberships and functions
- Czech Bar Association
- German Bar Association
- Slovak Bar Association
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Faculty of Business Administration at the University of Economics, Prague (VŠE).
- Founding member of ICC Czech Republic (as managing partner of Schaffer & Partner advokátní kancelář, v.o.s.)
- Member of the Czech-German Chamber of Commerce and industry, the Swiss-Czech and the Canadian-Czech Chamber of Commerce
- Arbitrator in ICC and other arbitration proceedings
- Lawyer Confidant of the Swiss embassy in Prague since more than ten years
- Member of The London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Born 1965 in Ludwigshafen am Rhein (Germany)
- Studies of business administration (intermediate diploma) and law in Mannheim and Heidelberg
- 1995 admission to the bar in Nuremberg
- 1997 Czech bar admission (advokát)
- 1995-2003 partner at Schaffer & Partner, Prague
- 2003-2006 partner at CMS Cameron McKenna, Prague
- 2006-2012 founder of Ueltzhöffer Balada, advokátní kancelář
- Since January 2013 Founding Partner of UEPA
Andreas Ueltzhöffer is one of the two Founding Partners of UEPA. He is a member of the Czech Bar as well as of the German and Slovak Bar and has been practicing as an attorney in the Czech Republic since 1994 and in Slovakia since the founding of UEPA advokáti s.r.o. in Bratislava.
For many years of his professional career he worked as a partner in international law firms in Prague, such as CMS Cameron McKenna. He advised on numerous large and medium sized M&A and real estate transactions, advising both foreign investors on their investment projects in the Czech Republic and Czech investors on investment projects abroad. Besides transactional work Andreas also puts a strong focus on arbitration and alternative dispute resolution and has been involved in a number of high-value proceedings, both as party representative and as arbitrator. In 2016 he successfully concluded as chairman of the tribunal an ICC arbitration with a volume of over EUR 1 bln within ten months of his nomination.
Andreas lectures at the University of Economics in Prague (VŠE), being as well a member of the Scientific Advisory Board of its Faculty of Business Administration.
For over ten years now, Andreas has been serving the Swiss Embassy in Prague as its Lawyer Confidant.
Andreas is a German native speaker and fluent in English and Czech.